Welcome to the Freeskier forums.

Get involved with the Freeskier community by signing in or registering below.

Login with Facebook Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID

In this Discussion

Forum » Everything Skiing
Ask a Pro: Nick Martini answers your best questions
  • hanklambohanklambo
    Next up in the Ask a Pro series: Stept's own Nick Martini. Have a question about filmmaking? Or perhaps Stept's recent escapades? Now's your chance to have Nick answer your burning Q's.

Here's how it works:

Those of you who wish to ask a question, login to freeskier.com/forums and post your Q below. We'll collect questions through Sunday, July 21 (11:59 p.m. 6/2/13). After we've rounded up a solid batch of your various inquiries, Nick will respond to his favorite questions. His answers will be unveiled in the form of an article on freeskier.com.

Ask away!
  • finn1080
    How has your past season been with your injury and not being able to ski?
  • Dbchili
    Given the ups of landing and filming some of the most progressive tricks in the sport, and downs of a plethora of life threatening injuries for the Stept crew, how would you rate what you guys do as a viable career alternative on a scale from 1 to 10? Why?
  • Drewb33
    Every time before I go skiing I watch your TGR/PBP/STEPT or your segment in The Grand Bizarre. What is your favorite edit, or edit that makes you the most stoked to go skiing?
  • lengthysoup
    how do you like your martinis?
  • akskier907
    When did you first pick up a camera? Do you see yourself filming for other companies behind the lens after your career as a skier comes to an end?
  • magnus
    Given your injury, or rather injuries, do you see yourself coming back to the professional level you were at? or are you going to be moving further toward the filming side of things?
  • Delflanco
    Loaded questions
    Has your progression on the film side of things made you want to film anything bigger than a ski film? (not including freelance videos for other people) If you were given the oppurtunity to leave the ski industry and film for a major Hollywood film project would you? Lastly when you and your brother came out to Colorado did you immediately attend U @ Boulder or did you go to community college for the 1st two years and gain residency?
  • Delflanco
    another one
    Lat year you guys really brought a new entity to the filming/editing side of things with your uptight long lens shots, continuous intro shot and the post audio work. What is this film going to bring to the table?
    AND WHEN IS THE GAHT DAMN TRAILER GONNA COME OUT??!!?!!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!??!?
  • Christopher
    From a filmmaking perspective, what does a typical "off-season" entail as far prepping for a film?

I'm curious on what a "typical" budget is for a film these days using the latest digital technology and pro athletes.
  • bubbles7777
    What would you say is more important: Hitting the gym or working on your snap game?
  • ttc0000
    im 13 an i really want to get pro for sking what major tricks should i learn