Welcome to the Freeskier forums.

Get involved with the Freeskier community by signing in or registering below.

Login with Facebook Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID

In this Discussion

Forum » Everything Skiing
Ask a Pro: Post your questions for Torin Yater-Wallace
  • hanklambohanklambo
    Next up in the Ask a Pro series is Torin Yater-Wallace.

Here's how it works:

Those of you who wish to ask a question, login to freeskier.com/forums and post your Q below. We'll collect questions through Sunday, August 25. After we've rounded up a solid batch of your various inquiries, Torin will respond to his favorite questions. His answers will be unveiled in the form of an article on freeskier.com.

Ask away!
  • SKIBUM97
    As a pro skier for a couple years now and still pretty young, what do you have to say to kids that aspire to become young pros like you?
  • SKIBUM97
    I forgot to mention, I am one of those kids
  • erouzaud
    What kind of advice can you give to a beginning skier such as myself, I'd love to get as good as you someday.
  • erouzaud
    By the way, don't know if you remember but I met you when you came to Bachelor for the Sammy C invitational!
  • mreichert68
    who is the most inspiring skier to you
  • mreichert68
    and what advice can you give to young skiers who want to get up to pro status
  • 42o69
    Who is the female skier that you wan't to get with most?
  • khall09
    What would you say the best thing to do after a major injury (such as a broken leg or torn ligament) would be once you get back on the hill?
  • khall09
    What would you say the best thing to do after a major injury (such as a broken leg or torn ligament) would be once you get back on the hill?
  • NateAbbottNateAbbott
    What's the best trick in skiing and who does it?
  • mikaB3
    How do you like to spend your free time in Aspen?
  • Carolina_RefreshCarolina_Refresh
    Do you think there's any insignificant possibility to become a freeskier like you? Even if I'm already 17 and I'm only a girl? Hahaha.. just dreaming, sorry D:
  • skizach123
    how did you break through and get your first sponsor?
  • Henry_Robarge
    How do you stay focused on skiing? With the olympics and X-Games, how do you put so much time into skiing without getting sick and tired of competing?
  • shredrevy
    At what age did you get you get your first sponsor?? What company was it and how did you get it?
  • ass_hat
    Do you use a fake ID or the ID of a kid who looks like you?
  • Aspen_Boyy
    Hey Torin! I'm an aspen skier too and I'm 13 years old and am currently competing in small competitions like USASA. My question is, who did gave you the opportunity to compete in higher competitions after USASA (assuming thats where you started) like Gatorade Free Flow, Dew Tour, and eventually X-Games? Because this is hopefully my next step in skiing and I would like a tip or pointer on how to make this step.
    Thanks and good luck at the Olympics!
  • fskproduction
    What's the next trick you want to learn?
  • lukesmart
    How are you liking the Sochi pipe?
  • penispumper69
    What does "yolo" stand for
  • churpanama
    Why do you always keep your goggles on your forehead when skiing evening events? Don't you see through the lens? And did you know that wearing your helmet like that can be a lot more dangerous to your cervial spine if you hit your head compared to hitting it without a helmet?
  • TopherRitzTopherRitz
    What kind of coaching did you get throughout your childhood for skiing? Did you play other sports and if so, how did you fit that in with skiing?
  • charliesanchez01
    When competing, do you go for comfort and wear boxers? Or go all out on style and wear briefs?
  • lukesmart
    AR7 OR EL-REY!