Welcome to the Freeskier forums.

Get involved with the Freeskier community by signing in or registering below.

Login with Facebook Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID

In this Discussion

Forum » Ski Gear Talk
Volkl Bridge Ski
  • Markd
    My 17 year old son wants wants the Volkl bridge ski. He is 6'2 about 185lbs. he is a strong skier, (started at age 2), ski's east regularly (whiteface, ny) and heads out west once or twice a year. Loves to ski all terrain, steep, trees, deep, and loves the park. We think this ski is perfect one quiver ski, set up with a Marker Jester Schizo binding. What size do you recommend 171, 179, 187? and should we be looking at anything else as the Bridge design has been out for 2-3 years. Thanks MarkD
  • HarvitronixHarvitronix
    @Markd: The Bridge is still a great ski. It came back this year with a rocker profile, making it more versatile than it's been in the past, which is a welcome improvement.

For 6'2", 185, you're going to want to go with the 187 for sure. I'm 5'10", 140 and the 179 is what I'd get for this ski.

Matt.
  • Markd
    thanks for you help!. I would have him consider the Mantra but the bridge gives Park capability with jester binding. am i thinking bout this correctly?
  • HarvitronixHarvitronix
    @Markd: For sure. The Mantra is a really good ski but I wouldn't recommend it for park at all. It's too stiff (and is directional).
  • Markd
    thanks a bunch....Santa is going to buy tonight!!
  • brewskibrewski
    I hope Santa bought it at a ski shop!

Also, the bridge is a great ski, I would go for the 187 for him