Welcome to the Freeskier forums.

Get involved with the Freeskier community by signing in or registering below.

Login with Facebook Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID

In this Discussion

Forum » Everything Skiing
Best Tree Skiing in North America?
  • g_wrightg_wright
    Curious to get everyone's 2 cents. If there are trees that I've been missing I want to know about them. My 2 cents - Sierra at Tahoe on the South Shore of Lake Tahoe. Huge trees, nicely spaced with lots of big granite boulder pillow drops. And the trees are so big you can ski through windy storms.
  • ILoveMountains
    the trees at winter park/mary jane, the ones are off mary jane trail and in the bowls. there are also a couple steep trees at the top of copper mountain. i hope keystone gets more snow so i can ride their trees
  • g_wrightg_wright
    I never skied the trees at Mary Jane. Thanks @ILoveMountains.
  • brewskibrewski
    I had a great day in MJ's trees right before Christmas. We had a pretty decent dump the night before and I caught a couple rope drops in the Hi-Lo trees so I was skiing knee to waist deep powder on the new Atomic Automatics and generally loving life all day!
  • RMHCA1
    Believe it or not Bt. Baldy has great tree skiing if the snow is there. Also, Northstar's has some at Lookout Mtn.
  • premirrider
    Bluewood, WA. Washington's best kept secret!
  • grskier
    So many options, so little time.
    Most of Aspen/Snowmass has epic tree skiing.
    Silverton has some great stuff in the trees, on the front side in particular.
    Taos in NM has some great glade skiing, in fact, it's probably their best kept secret.
    Never been to BC, but most of those ops look to have ridiculous tree skiing.. Monashee seggies!?
  • btbcski
    Shames Mountain! Terrace, British Columbia
    THE best hidden secret
  • Cjskilee
    Steamboat has some righteous trees as does Copper...
  • DangerDoug
    Midwest... hands down Mt. Bohemia. Out west, had a great time in the trees at Copper and Keystone.
  • brewskibrewski
    @dangerdoug

Mt. Bohemia's trees are great, definitely the best in the midwest so good call. Fernie, BC has probably the best tree skiing I've ever ridden, but I just skied waist deep pow in the trees at Vail from bell to bell on Thursday and that was pretty hard to beat.
  • g_wrightg_wright
    I think more of you guys need to ski in Tahoe.
  • philspinz
    @g_wright skied the trees at sierra-at-tahoe a few weeks ago when they got some fresh snow. about 7 to 10 inches a little more up top. couldn't agree with you more. The glades in bounds and in their backcountry aka huckleberry canyon are sooo FUN. those granite rocks are every where, natural booters and pillows features every where you look. had a great time. check out my instagram for pics @philspinz