Welcome to the Freeskier forums.

Get involved with the Freeskier community by signing in or registering below.

Login with Facebook Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID

In this Discussion

Forum » Everything Skiing
Searching for Skis is hard
  • Ok... I am frustrated. I have always rented my Skis, but after 5 years of skiing I thought I would buy some.

So there is (a) Price (b) Length (c) Width (d) Cost (e) Quality as the variables... and I am finding it impossible to find what I want. I look at sites and I have to click on each individual Ski to find out the details.

Surely if you are (a) providing a review of ski gear or (b) selling skis - the main objective should be to make it easy for the person to search for them....

I'm I just missing the point.... Is there a great database out there that is able to provide me this?

Any help would be much appreciated
  • brewskibrewski
    @angusmacfarlane

There IS a great database out there for all of your needs. It is your local ski shop, and I would recommend that you go in and have a chat with someone there and they will point you in the right direction. Ideally you will buy the ski there, because online won't be any cheaper and it's great to shop local. Trust your shop guys, they know what they are talking about and will be able to get you onto a ski you will love.
  • griff
    www.evo.com
    It has every type of gear imaginable and has user reviews for almost all of it
  • D_QuigleyD_Quigley
    @angusmacfarlane - The thing about making a straight database for skis is that ski construction nowadays has so many nuances to it that it would be hard to contain all the info in a cut-and-dry format. Subtle differences in things like core construction and rocker/camber profiles can mean that 2 skis that might look the same in a database could actually ski very differently. We categorize our ski reviews (big mountain, powder, park, etc.) and present them in a mixed format of hard facts and opinion to give you a well rounded view of how the ski will perform.

That being said, we do love to hear feedback and will always take that into account when we do our testing and reviewing. In the mean time, what kind if skis are you looking for? Any questions we can help you out with? We're here to help.