Welcome to the Freeskier forums.

Get involved with the Freeskier community by signing in or registering below.

Login with Facebook Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID

In this Discussion

Forum » Ski Gear Talk
Older Salomon Bindings
  • ChrisChris
    Hey everyone,

I've got a set of Salomon S912 ti bindings from 2003. I cracked the mounting plate for one of my toe pieces and now I only have the upper portion. I've been scouring craigslist to see if anyone had a cheap pair of skis with these bindings I can scrap for my own purposes, but no luck. All of my local shops say they have purged their inventory from that far back, and Salomon customer service basically said S.O.L. Worse comes to worse I'll fork out the money and just buy newer bindings for my park skis, but if anyone has ideas....I'm all ears.
  • ChrisChris
    Nevermind everyone! I stopped by my local shop and talked to someone different. He went in the back, found the part I need and gave it to me fo free. They've got a new customer for life.
  • brewskibrewski
    Awesome @chris, glad to hear they were able to help you out. I think I have some of those parts in my shop so let me know if you run into that problem again. Otherwise the STH 14 Driver from this year is basically the same binding (i.e. it retains the driver toe and I think the same heel) but with a 14 din. Next year that's all changing so this is the last chance to get the binding you are used to
  • ChrisChris
    Thanks for the info @brewski! You say they're changing everything up next year? Does that mean their brake setup is changing too? If so, I need to stock up on some extra brakes. (I have one I need to replace immediately, and one more that's in rough shape)
  • brewskibrewski
    @chris They are going to keep the old brakes on some models for now, but they are beginning to transition to a completely new heel that uses different brakes. I don't think I'm supposed to say what all is changing, but it would definitely be a good idea to stock up on brakes now. On the other hand, current bindings have a wider AFD and overall footprint than old bindings, and that allows them to drive wider skis better. If you are putting your s912's on anything over 84mm in the waist I would hold off and just buy a new binding because it is going to ski a lot better.
  • ChrisChris
    @brewski Cool, thanks for the info. I'm planning on using them for my park skis, so I don't plan on having very fat waisted skis with them on.