Welcome to the Freeskier forums.

Get involved with the Freeskier community by signing in or registering below.

Login with Facebook Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID
Forum » Ski Gear Talk
Google News - Yet another report announcer?
  • spark2pans1
    In Google's recent struggle towards becoming a worldwide news center, I have come to observe that the outcomes delivered from Google News seems like only the articles we publish everyday. So I ask, doesn't it seem like Google News resembles articles listing of some sorts?

* Google News World: http://news.google.com

* Google News Canada: http://news.google.ca

* Google News UK: http://news.google.co.uk

I only mention this because when submitting my internet marketing posts, I often wonder should they arrive within Google News? 9 times out of 1-0, they do! Actually, they usually show up within 4-8 hours of being found from other top related websites.

How does Google News pick it is content?

Right now, it appears that 'news centers' & 'press release organizations' linked to your industry online are profiting from these search results. When you contemplate it, would not a press release be described as a type of information anyways? Possibly...

You'll observe that only a select few are giving most of the results, if you have a good look at the websites who deliver the material within Google information. Again, it is possible that Google's information protocol remains in its infant stages and probably includes a large amount of constant battles to beat.

It might be in Google's best interest to put together a group of professionals in numerous fields to just accept articles/news submissions in order to keep the news source within the Google empire.

There is Only A Fraction of Results Showing:

While searching through the GN section, you'll also discover a somewhat small percentage of actual search results developing. Only a portion of a percentage of results get listed within the GN search results in comparison with exactly the same results within the regular search results found on Google's main site.

Only the sections on the left offer actual real-time news. These are: Prime Experiences|World|Organization|Sci/Tech|Sports|Entertainment|Health. These links provide effects shipped from reliable information sources online.

Google News Alerts - E-zine everyone?

When you contemplate it, you are offering your email address to Google to get relevant articles to the key phrase brought to your in-box, how does this vary from any normal newsletter? Are we going to start seeing Google Adwords within-the information signals? Will they con-sider giving large the chance to companies to market within their mail signals as an onetime mailing! I hope not.

More and more we're viewing less of the Google we once knew and have come to love (A research bar with some good effects). Since Google's IPO, the develop-ment team at GG are starting to launch applications online that are starting to resemble what we now know because the good Yahoo Portal. Get more on an affiliated article directory by navigating to click for www.crunchbase.com/product/searchlock.

Maybe there is any difference? Probably not.

One Great Position About Google News:

They've given the power to you to customize your page showing what-ever news subjects you need. Simply consider the right side for a button that says 'Customize this page New'! .. When you click this link a drop-down box shows you all the main topics you have shown in your site. Simply click o-n the topic you wish to modify or eliminate. The very best part of everything is that you can click on 'Add a custom part' and simply seek out the subject you want shown on your page.

All in all you are able to create a complete custom information page (writer articles) that relate to your market..