Welcome to the Freeskier forums.

Get involved with the Freeskier community by signing in or registering below.

Login with Facebook Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID

In this Discussion

Forum » All About Freeskier
Beginner stuff
  • Greed
    Cheers,
    How are you all? I've got a dumb request/question. I really want to know how do you get yourself to make all those huge jumps technically correct and how do you fight your fears? More like how DID you fight your fears in the beginning? It seems harder than I thought to get over your "comfort zone". For e.g. I cannot make myself to do those huge jumps or back/front flips. I live in a small country named Lithuania and we do not have any instructors or information pages regarding freestyle skiing in my native tongue here. And I can not find any useful information in the internet apart from those "so easy to do" explanations, which explain how to do tricks in a few sentences. I hope you can throw a couple of tips to me folks! I've watched tons of videos here, they are all so stunning and motivating..
    Best regards,
    Domas.
  • D_QuigleyD_Quigley
    @Greed - It's all about progression. Everybody's comfort zone begins with their feet firmly planted on the ground and the only way to get away from that is to step outside the box, a little bit at a time. The best way to do it is to surround yourself with like-minded people. Find a small jump to begin with, and together you will push and feed off each other. You will fall, it might hurt. It's part of the process. Make sure you pop off the lip of the jump to keep your balance in the air and repetition will get you used to the feeling of being up there. That's you're starting point. From there you can take it as far as you want to go.
  • Greed
    D_Quigley said:

@Greed - It's all about progression. Everybody's comfort zone begins with their feet firmly planted on the ground and the only way to get away from that is to step outside the box, a little bit at a time. The best way to do it is to surround yourself with like-minded people. Find a small jump to begin with, and together you will push and feed off each other. You will fall, it might hurt. It's part of the process. Make sure you pop off the lip of the jump to keep your balance in the air and repetition will get you used to the feeling of being up there. That's you're starting point. From there you can take it as far as you want to go.

Thank you a lot sir! I feel it might work now. Straight jumping, popping off the kickers.. I've been lucky to order my trip to France this March with a couple of friends. I hope I'll fairly advance. Thanks again. :)